Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Saturday 20 February 2016

Covers and International Stamps about Little Red Riding Hood

On Thursday I got a FDC from Germany, which I sent to myself. On it there are three different varieties of the new Little Red Riding Hood stamp. The left stamp is self-adhesive and from a booklet, the stamp in the middle is self-adhesive and from a coil and the right stamp is gummed from a sheetlet. The three stamps all have different First Day Special Postmarks.


In 2012 I created a special cover for my collection with a special postmark, which uses exactly the same picture as the left postmark on the FDC I got on Thursday. The postmark celebrated the Children's Day.

The four stamps I used on the cover were all related to children and fairy tales:
500 years Till Eulenspiegel (issued 07-07-2011)
For Children (issued 13-09-2012)
200 years Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (issued 14-06-2012)
Rubbish is a Resource (issued 02-05-2012)


In my collection I also have some other stamps that feature Little Red Riding Hood.
One set was issued on 15th March 1968 in Poland and consists of eight stamps, which all show different children's stories. The stamps show Little Red Riding Hood together with the Puss in boots, the Fox and the Raven, Pan Twardowski, the Fisherman and the Fish, Cinderella, Thumbelina and Snow White.


Another set in my collection comes from Switzerland and shows Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Snow White and Cinderella (issued 26-11-1985).


Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Pinocchio and the Puss in boots are shown on a stamp set from San Marino issued on 20th August 2004.


No comments:

Post a Comment