Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Sunday 10 November 2013

The Three Kings

On Tuesday I bought the new German stamps.

On of them is this:

Christmas (issued 02-11-2013)

The stamp shows the Three Kings. Their names are Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar. They were guided by the Star of Bethlehem to Bethlehem where they gave gold, myrrh and frankincense to the Christ Child. The Day of the Three Kings is the 6th January.
The stamp shows also the Star of Bethlehem. In Germany we have a nice carol about the Star of Bethlehem.
Lyrics:
Stern über Bethlehem, zeig uns den Weg,
führ uns zur Krippe hin, zeig wo sie steht.
Leuchte du uns voran, bis wir dort sind,
Stern über Bethlehem, führ uns zum Kind.

I bought also a First Day Sheet.
front side:

back side:


No comments:

Post a Comment