Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Thursday 17 October 2013

Saltwater Fish

Yesterday I got a cover from Slovenia and inside were my first mint stamps from Slovenia.

Slovenia is a country in Central Europe bordering on Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia. Slovenia is a member of the UN, the NATO, the EU and the OECD. Slovenia's capital is Ljubljana.

The stamp set is this:


Marine Fauna (issued 27-09-2013)
- Damselfish (Chromis chromis)
- Common cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis
- Loggerhead sea turtle (Caretta caretta)
- Golden grey mullet (Liza aurata) in a souvenir sheet

It is a really great set, because the animals on the stamps are covered with salt. The salt comes from the Piranske Soline saltworks. Slovenia is the first country using salt on stamps.

Thank You very much Mateja!

No comments:

Post a Comment