Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Saturday 7 September 2013

The War of 1812

This week was my birthday and I got many stamps. Most of the stamps are from countries that I had not had in my collection before.

One stamp set is from Canada:


The War of 1812 (issued 16-03-2012)
(It is a joint issue with Guernsey)

The War of 1812 between the United States of America and Great Britain took place in 1812 and 1815.
One stamp shows Tecumseh. He was an outstanding leader and orator. He united to warriors of some First Nations to defend their culture and lands. Tecumseh and his confederacy supported the British in the war. He was killed at the Battle of the Thames.
The other stamp shows Sir Isaac Brock.
It is the first stamp of a series. The second was issued in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment